Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 7 - Donald and Daffy

As I wrote earlier, Day 6 was a blur. We were B.U.S.Y. with three of the grandchildren that we are helping take care of while Amber and Nathan are in Ukraine getting grandchild #7.

(The three kiddo's - not the ducks, but the people)

Day 7 was just as much of a blur but for different reasons. The kiddo's went to Deda's after church, so we had the rest of the day to ourselves.

It was my first "down day" since I've started the fast, and what goes with down days: FOOD....sorta like birds of a feather, Donald and Daffy, peanut butter and jelly (pardon the food pun), Samson and Delilah.....well, you get the drift.

But I didn't cheat. However, I went to bed at 7:00 p.m. (I did have the thought that maybe I eat when I'm tired verses sleeping when I'm tired - brilliant, huh?)

Some things I've learned....

(1) Food only has as much power over me as I give it (and I've given it A LOT of power).
(2) If I live too far in the future, I get anxious and conning (I start to manipulate the process).
(3) God has a plan for my life that I can't EVEN begin to comprehend if I will just let it unfold.
(4) When I'm not eating, I crave healthy things like fish, salad, sushi. When I am eating, I crave unhealthy things like milkshakes, Krystals, pizza.
(5) This process is forcing me to live in the present and I'm MUCH more at peace living in the present.

I'm actually going to an exercise class tomorrow night, Devoted Fitness, and I'm excited. For the record, I DON'T get excited about exercises classes! So, thank you, Jesus, for doing in me what I cannot do for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Number three is so true Beth. I have watched it unfold for years and I believe it is just beginning to take shape.

    ReplyDelete