Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 14.....Realizations, 1-2-3

ONE...Sunday's are the hardest day for me to resist food. It is my favorite day of the week and the day I have the most fun with the hubby! I have realized through this fast, unfortunately, that the hubby and I connect A.L.O.T. with food. So needless to say, on the "NFL Championship Game" Sunday, food is a big topic at the Leftwich house.

I resisted well. It's funny when you decide "it's just not an option", the hunger isn't nearly as bad. So for me today, it just wasn't an option.

TWO...The brain works in strange ways. I've lost 11 lbs. and I'm disappointed. The strange thing is I'm disappointed because I lost 9 lbs. in week one and 2 lbs. in week two. Okay, hang with me on this one. If I had lost 5 lbs. in week one and 4 lbs. in week two, I wouldn't be disappointed. But 9 and 2????? after I chewed NOTHING and drank LITTLE! N.O.T. H.A.P.P.Y.

THREE...Hubby was recanting ALL the reasons, I shouldn't be fasting right now: We're keeping the grand kids, the Superbowl (see I told you we connect with food), etc. But I realized today that this is a great time for God to call me to fast.

I eat for comfort, and it would be easy to eat my tiredness away while helping with the kids.

I eat for connection and having the three little ones here for several weeks would, definitely, be a reason to have fun with food.

I eat for celebration. Even without the Titans in the Super Bowl, I'm sure I could find a reason to use food to celebrate some touchdown or field goal regardless of which team scores.

So, as usual, God is doing for me what I could not do for myself.

And because of that I feel comforted (by the Great Comforter), connected (to the Great Healer), and therefore I celebrate (all without food).

No comments:

Post a Comment