Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 20....Half Way There

I usually post this at night after I have completed another day of liquids, but since this is Day 20, it feels like a milestone so I thought I would write about it now.

Yesterday, and this morning, have been hard. I think I am now beginning to feel real hunger. Obviously, not the kind that "the boys" have felt living on the streets, but it's more than "head hunger" which is what I felt the first 18 days.

This would be a time that, in the past, I would quit. I would rationalize to myself that I've already done well, the sponsors would probably still give me the money, etc. etc. etc. My head went there this morning.

But I know that God wants me to learn self-control through this. I can hear Him clearly saying.....just do it because I said. NO OTHER REASON!

So here I go, Day 20....The countdown has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment