Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 22 - Oh My Precious Child

I'm seeing a pattern here. Sunday's are HARD! It's TOTALLY emotional/relational. If I look back over the posts on Sunday, it's plan and simple: I WANT TO EAT ON SUNDAY'S BECAUSE IT IS FUN! For us therapy people, I am SO in my inner-child on Sunday's.

This week it oozed into Monday. I felt just a tad angry, definitely frustrated that I can't have my way, and VERY tired!

Then in my men's group today, it hit me. They do a check - in at the beginning of group where they share in a word or two how they are feeling physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I did my own silent check-in and here is where the ah-ha came in:

physically - tired (no new news);
emotionally - frustrated, sad;
spiritually - ummm....not sure; haven't thought about it; obviously disconnected;

and what I know about me is - When I am disconnected spiritually, my child, who likes to have fun, takes OVER!

I'm too tired to do anything about it tonight. It's 7:35 p.m. and I'm GOING TO BED! But I will pray before I close my eyes, and I will wake up tomorrow (hopefully) with a renewal to embrace this spiritual journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment