In the fall of 2008, I went to a silent retreat. It was in the Colorado Rockies and was a time to really seek out and hear what God had to say to me. During that time, I believe I heard several things...
(1) No Sugar, No Caffeine
(2) No "coping" alcohol - meaning a glass of wine with dinner is fine, but 4 margaritas is not!
(3) Go to the trainer
(4) Go to the naturopath
(5) Do Couch Potato to 5K
It's just out there. That's all. Just documented.
6 years ago
I've heard of people going to a silent retreat. That would be SO hard.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new plan...
Wow! That's pretty amazing. I can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteOK when I was reading your other blog (Nehemiah), I thought it was interesting that part of the discussion was about fasting. I even thought about posting a comment, but didn't. You know I support you, I'm just not sure what the "cleanse" means. I want you to be safe and healthy. How will you sustain your energy?
ReplyDeleteMelissa - thanks.
ReplyDeleteTina - It's, definitely, NOT a fast. For the first 11 days, I will eat fruits, vegetables, lentils, and rice. I will, also, have protein shakes. The last 10 days, I will add fish, chicken, or lean beef. They do recommend walking during the cleanse, but no running or highly aerobic exercises. I, totally, trust my naturopath. She recommends it twice a year to detox your system.
My believing that God wants me to fast 3 meals per week is, totally, separate from the cleanse. I don't plan on fasting during the cleanse unless I feel REALLY convicted to do so.
Thanks for your concern. I want the feedback even if it's questioning. I know you are looking out for my best interest! Lova ya!