Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Friday, January 1, 2010

Tip #91 Do Nothing


I just opened an e:mail that I signed up for, evidentally, a long time because I don't remember it. Since, I'm trying to clear out some of the "junk" e:mail I get, I was going to unscribe to this particular site. When I opened it, to hit unsubscribe, this was what I saw....Tip #91, Do Nothing....Sometimes the most urgent thing you can do is take a complete rest.

That was exactly what I needed to hear, at that exact moment!
I'm a little overwhelmed right now. There is a wedding in 5 hours. I just found out that the "perfect outfit" for the wedding is going to be delivered on January 7. My husband just got a call and had to take my father-in-law to the emergency room. We leave for Florida in 48 hours, AND I've just ordered pizza for the grandkids. (ouch! what a potential set up)

So what I do, normally, in these times of overwhelmed....I eat.

So, today, 1/1/10, I'm going to take the advise of the almost-deleted e:mail and choose a different path - I'm going to rest.

Thank you, God, for meeting my needs in the most "unsuspected ways."

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!! All the best in 2010!! Looking forward to following and supporting your journey...BTW, Nice 4.6 pound loss on week one!! :) Have a good one!:)

    ReplyDelete