Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Men and Women....Husbands and Wives...

I don't know if I've shared this on Bought for a Price, and if you would like more info, you can check out my other, more lighthearted blog at Let's Carpe Diem. We (my husband and I) bought a business in Miami. Oh, and, by the way, we live in Nashville. Crazy, huh?

Back to the point....my husband came home this weekend and I looked at him and said:

Me: You've lost weight.

Him: Yes, 25 lbs.

Me: How? I've lost 4 lbs.

Him: (shoulder shrug)

Okay, how can it be that simple for him? Later on, he told me that he eats a granola bar and apple for breakfast, chips for lunch, and KFC chicken for dinner.

YUCK! is all I can say to that.

It reminds me of the commercial where the wife and husband go on a diet at the same time. On the commercial, he gets thinner. On the commerial, her boobs shrink.

Unfortunately, I can't even get that to happen.

Oh, well! Off to make my kale and spinach smoothie!

5 comments:

  1. Men are so irritating. My husband is thin and eats whatever he wants.

    His breakfast...bagel drenched in butter and honey and instant breakfast!!! Hello??? Do you mind that I'm nibbling an apple over here??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boobs were one of the last things to go. I swore I always wanted smaller ones, but now I kind of miss them.
    Men make me so mad with weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate men! Well, not really, but seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Ha, ladies...thanks for cheering me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we are cursed because Eve ate the fruit first! Hey wait a minute, don't women who are trying to lose weight constantly eat apples?! What if eating fruit is not the way to go!! Just a thought :)

    Way to go Gary!!

    ReplyDelete