Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's Time For The Test!

There is a scripture that I've never liked much. It says: A double sided man is unstable in all his ways.

Another version says: Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.

I don't like to think of myself that way but here's the truth.....

I AM THAT WAY!

The good news is that it is not intentional or even conscious. But when I read back over this blog and look back over the years, it is definitely truth.

I believe God is saying to me, during this Lenten season:

Okay, Beth, this is it. This is where the rubber meets the road. I've allowed you to dance around this long enough. It's time, and it's a test.....a test you're ready for, a test I've prepared you for, but ultimately, it's YOUR test.

So here goes:

Lent is 40 days. God wants me to do something bigger. He wants 40 weeks. Forty weeks starting today will take me to December 1, 2012. If I lose the weight I'm supposed to in these 40 weeks, then I'm going to Uganda. If not, God won't allow it. Simple?

Simple.

He has a plan for me, but it's mine to chose if I allow it to manifest in my life.

No more "short term rules".

We're talking life change.

and we're talking NOW.

There is spiritual work, there is emotional work, and there is physical work to be done.

But this is it. My time has arrived. It's time for me to take charge of me. It's time to dig deep, really really DEEP. It's all come down to this. My training, my spiritual growth, my wisdom, my willingness to be obedient. It's time to take.the.test.

I NEVER say this to a client (well, almost never) but I have to admit, I do think it...if you will just do what I say, you will get better.

God is such a funny God......He's says to me......if you will just do what I say, you will get better.

I get it. I really do, and it's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment