Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Monday, February 20, 2012

Day: God SO Knows What He Is Doing

If I had kept going, and completed the 40 days, I would have finished two days ago. I would have had a five day "break" from my "break" from food, and then there would have been Ash Wednesday and I would have made a new commitment!

But instead I ate Doritos, got sick, quit, and have been MISERABLE ever since.

So today, I've been thinking about Lent and excited about a new 40-day potential to continue this, hmmmm, rebirth, so to speak.

Just reading over my blog made me sad. I wrote on Day 7 (January 15, 2012) that God has a plan for my life and that I give too much power to food AND guess what? THAT HASN'T CHANGED!

Here is what I know has happened since I stopped juicing...

1. I'm awake at 3:29 a.m. writing a post.
2. I've had acid reflux almost daily.
3. I've gained some weight back.
4. I'm spiritually disconnected.

I'm sure there are more. I only remember them when they are happening TO me.

SOOOO.....I'm back to juicing. I'm clear that IT.IS.THE.DOORWAY for me to let go of food and to let God have His way in my life.

Isaiah 40:28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.



1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you! I'm reading a book now called "7" and it's about "reducing" so God can "produce." It's fasting in a sense. Let there be less of you and more of Him. So beautiful. I'd say "you've got this," but I think we both know it's not about you.:)

    ReplyDelete