Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Application of "I Wish"....

I saw this on Pinterest recently...

I commented, at that time, that I should substitute the words "live the life" for the words "eat for the body".

Live the life you want not the life you have!

Don't get me wrong, in SO MANY ways, I LOVE my life. But when it comes to my body, uh...not so much!

So, I thought I would make a wish list, a vision of sorts. If I lived in real life like I do in my fantasy, someday world, this is what I would be doing differently.....

1. Drinking hot lemon water each morning when I wake up.
2. Eating unprocessed, whole foods.
3. Taking my supplements like I'm supposed too.
4. Exercising many days of the week to include cardio, yoga, and weights.
5. Working toward being in a triathlon.
6. Spending time with God each morning in prayer and meditation (He has clearly told me - one hour a day - but I've not done so well with that).
7. Being obedient to do what God is calling me to do without question and on His timing, not mine. (i.e. memorizing James 1 - should have been done by now).
8. Writing.
9. Volunteering at Magdalene House and with the homeless.
10. Teaching music at W.O. Smith Music school and other potential teaching opportunities.
11. Traveling across the city, country, and world as Jesus calls.

I LOVE THE WAY GOD WORKS....

After writing the 11 items above, I sat down to read a book that a client let me borrow; a book she had been reading called "The Happiness Project". I needed a good book to read over the Holidays and I thought I might understand her better if I read this one....kinda like killing two birds with one stone (even though I don't particularly like that analogy).

Well, as God does in His abundant sense of humor, I needed this book too. I never would have picked this book up to read, but I needed it. While, I don't think happiness would be the word I'm looking for, the premise is the same.

A quote from the book:

"The laws of happiness are as fixed as the laws of chemistry. But even though I wasn't making up these laws, I needed to grapple with them for myself. It's like dieting. We all know the secret of dieting - eat better, eat less, exercise more - it's the application that's challenging. I had to create a scheme to put happiness ideas into practice in my life."

I think that's the purpose of this blog. Yep, it is....to put ideas into practice in my life.

So here's to neglect becoming action, fantasy becoming reality, and wish fullness becoming truth!

Thank you, Jesus, for being a light unto my path!

No comments:

Post a Comment