I woke up early this morning and started reading back through some of my posts from 2011. I realized there seems to be two themes:
(1) I blog about things I have heard from God and
(2) I blog when I'm struggling.
I'm okay with both of those, but in trying to live more balanced, I want to be conscious of adding number (3) which is to blog about things I'm grateful for.
So this morning, I'm blessed that I woke up to find a white board with a note from my husband that included an arrow pointing to our refrigerator. When I opened the frige, there was my lunch, all made, neatly put together in a plastic Kroger sack with the words "BA" written on it in green marker.
Sweet man!
Yesterday, I woke up to a phone call at 6:08 a.m. from my step-daughter, Amber. That kinda scared me because she doesn't call at 6:00 in the morning. When I said "hello", there was a short pause. I may not have this exactly right, but I think my next words were "is everything ok?"
BOY WAS IT!
She had gotten a date that she had been waiting for a LONG time....she has a date to go get her baby girl.
I don't think I'll ever forget seeing her name and the time come up on my phone that morning.
While I could list many more.....TV day with my hubby (6 hours of Walking Dead), a pedicure, four days off after working today, getting to work today, sleeping with my cat, Mercy, who loves to snuggle.....these are a few within the last 36 hours.
I'm grateful!
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment