I L O V E a good murder mystery.
48 hours....Dateline....Snapped....Disappeared....Solved....Paula Zahn....
The list could go on and on. So EARLY this morning I woke up (as I normally do) and I reached for the remote. At that moment, this Scripture came to my mind:
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
I AM NOT saying there is anything wrong with these shows. But I KNOW what I heard, for me, the moment I reached for the remote.
Instead, I surfed the channels and found The Gaither Hour. After one hour of gospel music, I am starting my day refreshed, more connected to God, and with a peace that I would not have had otherwise.
So the "to do" list on my Direct TV is changing. Some deleted. Some added. But all with this in mind....Whatever is lovely, whatever is pure, think on these things.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment