A few "posts ago" I said I was getting pieces to the puzzle.
During my meditation time today, I definitely turned over a couple!
I'm angry.
So here is the conversation my therapist self had with my angry self....
Therapist self: So you're angry.
Me: Yes.
Therapist self: What's underneath the angry?
Me: hmmm....Disappointment, hurt, sadness, powerlessness
Therapist self: And what does your spiritual self think/know?
Me: That I've given my power over to my emotions for the last four days and that is why the addict behavior is back.....that I need to grieve for the relationships that I want but am not going to get....that I have to forgive and move on.
Therapist self: Good. I have taught you well!
Those darn puzzle pieces!!!
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment