Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Decision Day

Sunday was a decision day. I thought my life was going to change forever and the funny thing is, that is did.....just not in the way I thought.

Since the BIGGEST emotional breakdown of my life happened that day, I jumped to ALL KINDS of conclusions about what that would mean (along with freaking out some really important people in my life - but thank you)!

When I finally settled down enough, hmmmm, some 36 hours later and was open to hearing God's voice, I realized that Sunday WAS a decision day, but the decision was going to look REALLY different than I had anticipated.

And I heard God clearly this morning.

ARE YOU GOING TO LIVE FOR ME OR FOR YOU?

Then all of these lovely hymns and scriptures came flooding into my mind. I could list them for hours, but the most important one is

ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.....

For the first time EVER, I saw that statement in a new way, and the ALL was pretty significant. He doesn't want some of me, he wants ALL of me. And the truth is that if I don't surrender ALL, then I'm not surrendering at all.

Dear Jesus, I surrender all. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment