Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Faith Journey

I love it when God wakes me up in the mornings with insight into our lives together.  and. I hate it when God wakes me up in the mornings with insight into our lives together..

3:42 a.m. is awful early to hear any voice - even if it's God's voice.

None the less, today I was awakened to an old, and I mean, old, song:

Prayer is the key to heaven, but faith unlocks the door.  Words are so easily spoken, but prayer without faith is like a boat without an ore.

I used to sing it with my cousin when my feet wouldn't even touch the floor from the piano bench. And, needless to say, that's been a LONG time.

I knew this awakening was for more than a walk down memory lane, so I do what I do best and started googling the word faith.

Faith, prayer, trust....three, such simple, but at the same time, such complicated words. 

Here's what God was showing me this day.....I have trust in Him only to the level that I have faith in Him.

Ouch!

I love the way that God knows us so intricately.

On August 8, 2011, God quietly instructed me to memorize James 1.  I played at it, but never really made any big attempt at it.

Today, I look at it and see that it's primary lesson is on faith.

How much time have I wasted becoming who God wants me to be because of my procrastination.

How much time....

No comments:

Post a Comment