Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own. You were bought for a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20



Friday, June 12, 2009

Niece II

Niece II asked me to dedicate a whole blogging post to her...so I thought, hmmm....what would I say. Then, I realized it would be more like "what wouldn't I say".

This is such an exciting time in her life, so I'll start with the "now" and go backwards. Niece II is getting married, so that means there is a lot of "flurry" going on in all our lives regarding a wedding. To be exact, Niece II is getting married in 50 days from today, hence, we are hosting a "50 miles in 50 days" treadmill-a-thon. She and I have committed that in the next 50 days, we WILL spend 50 miles on the treadmill. She wants to look beautiful in her dress and I want to "not look like a Golden Girl in mine." We've spent tons of time shopping, planning, walking, talking, showering, laughing, crying...it's a lot of emotional energy to plan a wedding :) I'm SOOOO grateful that she wants me involved in such a BIG way.

Oh, and did I mention that we'll be going on a cruise with the Newlyweds in the Mediterranean next summer....

Also, Niece II and I have a new, BIG thing in common...my hubby and her hubby-to-be. How alike are they? Let me count the ways....ahhh, let's see, in all ways!

They are both hilarious with a dry sense of humor. They both LOVE Star Trek. They both like to hear themselves talk about details of things that no one else cares about (ssshhh...don't tell them, but we really like it because it makes us think they are so smart). But, most importantly...

THEY ARE LOVING, LOVING MEN.

My hubby said to me once: "Niece II's hubby-to-be is just like me. He likes to do a lot of things, but he wants her to be right there with him, just like I want you to be right there with me."

What more can I say about that...I think that says it all.

Niece II and I have had a budding relationship over the last year. In the past, I was always closer to O and Niece III (her sisters), not because of any particular reason, maybe, I was more like O and Niece III, maybe, Niece II was just a little more introverted, maybe, it's the middle child thing.

Whatever the reason, I ALWAYS loved her equally and was hopeful that if I just waited for her, we would have the relationship that we have now.

It was worth the wait!!!!!!!!!

To everything there is a season,and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecc 3

No comments:

Post a Comment